Book: Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand

Richard Wurmbrand (1909-2001) was an evangelical minister who spent fourteen years in Communist imprisonment and torture in his homeland of Romania.

This book came out several years ago and I've read it a couple of times - VERY powerful! It is amazing and inspiring to read how the Lord Jesus Christ gives us the grace to endure whatever He has for us.


amazon.com

Watch Richard Wurmbrand tell his story:


source


source


source

Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 12

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

No comments: