Christ and Truth


Photo from Cathy's Camera

Wanted to share a comment left on one of my blogs followed by my response.

Maybe you have thoughts on this too?

You can't use the words "Christ" & "truth" in the same sentence. He's a character from a thousand year old book that is continually revised & the stories about him were handed down through generations via word-of-mouth before ever being written down.

What you refer to as "truth" I call childhood indoctrination, which is why I opted to not give my children any religious label - when they're old enough to know their own minds, they'll make their own decisions based on RATIONAL THOUGHT.

"The belief that an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-loving parent watches over & protects us also ensures that we never truly grow up."

12/19/09 6:46 AM


And here is my response:

Thanks for your comment although I do no agree with you.

You said:
You can't use the words "Christ" & "truth" in the same sentence.

However, the Lord Jesus Christ said Himself in John 14, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."

Jesus is the Truth. That's what He proclaimed and that's why the Jewish religious leaders killed him - not because He did miracles but because He said He was God.

You said:
What you refer to as "truth" I call childhood indoctrination...

However, for me I didn't know or understand any of this until my late 20's when I got on my knees alone in my living room and put my faith in Him. I never heard that Jesus Christ shed his blood, died for my sins and rose from the dead as a child.

A brief video clip of my story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANm1qNoBFAQ

You said your children will make their own decision based on rational thought. Fine but keep in mind what Hebrews 11 says:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

You said:
"The belief that an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-loving parent watches over & protects us also ensures that we never truly grow up."

The Lord Jesus Christ in Luke 18 said, "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein."

My continued pray is that the Truth be revealed, the lies be exposed, the deceived wakeup, the sinner repent, the lost get saved and the Lord Jesus Christ be glorified.

As truth seekers, may we both be led to true eternal freedom.

Cheers & blessings to you & yours,
Cathy

12/19/09 10:16 AM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're reciting (parrot fashion" from a book that gets revised (ie/ re-written) every 50 years & wasn't even written down until the 14th Century, before that it's fairy stories were passed down by word of mouth. How can you trust such information so blindly? Is it because it means you don't have to ask any more questions? Because the moment we stop seeking knowledge we might as well lie down & die. And if any of your answer begins with "Jesus said" then I KNOW I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Cathy Palmer said...

Hmmm... interesting questions.

Actually, I could never get past Genesis when trying to read the Bible growing up, so basically put it on the shelf along with everything else I had investigated (Buddahism, Edgar Cayce, EST, etc) back in the 70's.

Then one day... well, here is a brief video which tells what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANm1qNoBFAQ