Storms

Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary. Psalm 68:9
Yesterday's storm brought us A LOT of rain and it is STILL raining now!

Here is a link to a short video of some storm damage a little north of me. It was pretty intense, not for me so much as my home and my work never lost power and I was inside during the worst of it.

A few years ago, my daughter went though Hurricane Ivan and her house was near the water so they went to the in-laws who lived in a big brick home inland.

Well, around 2 am as the eye of the storm hit Pensacola, their roof ripped off and rain came pouring in, so they had to all jump in their cars to find another shelter which turned out to be a church down the road.

The next morning, it looked like a bomb had gone off and when my daughter got back to her house, everything was fine including the 2 cats in the bathroom! However, on the next street, houses were gone, washed out to sea and sadly, a few folks were dead that didn't leave. When I went back a couple of months later, the damage was unbelievable!

Plus, I went to New Orleans to do some volunteer work for a few weeks after Hurricane Katrina and that was horrible - again, looked like a bomb - still does in some areas - a political hot potato in so many ways - very sad for the folks especially in the 9th ward.

Anyway, in perspective, this California storm is 'mild' unless of course a tree falls on you or your house!!

So we give thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ for His protection in the storms of life.

No comments: