Jesus our high priest offered himself up as our eternal sacrifice

Today a friend gave me some delicious bread. One of the loaves was made with pumpkin seeds which is very much like the bread I would buy when living in Germany - it was WUNDERBAR/WONDERFUL as is this bread today.

JESUS IS THE BREAD OF LIFE

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever."

At the last supper, Jesus took bread, blessed it, broke it and gave it to his diciples saying, "Take, eat. This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me."

So not only is Jesus the Bread of Life, he is also our high priest who offered up himself once as an eternal sacrifice for all sin. This, my friend, is the GOOD NEWS!

From Hebrews 7

26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

Hebrews 7

No comments: