SHELTER IN THE STORM
Amazingly, as I listened to the internet news last night regarding the Catagory 3 Jeanne hurricane that was aiming for Florida very near where Frances hit just a few weeks earlier, there was alarm among officials because some people were not heeding the warning to evacuate their homes! This reminds me of the many who are turning a deaf ear to today's prophetic voices which are saying, "Turn to God, get the sin out, and worship Jesus!" Over the last 3 days, I have had extreme back pain which brings intense shooting pains with any sudden movement. And last night and today while reading about yet another hurricane to hit America, I cried over the suffering and loss of life which was going to result again. The judgment of God is on our nation and today as I lay on the floor weeping - a place of relief for my back - I received a text message on my mobile phone from a prophetic friend who said, "I have the impression that the pain with your back is also a symbol that Florida and the USA must bow their knees before the LORD. We must repent. Cathy, lament in the Spirit for the USA like Jeremiah did." Then I read in Jeremiah 4, This is what the LORD says to the people of Judah and Jerusalem: "Plow up the hard ground of your hearts! Do not waste your good seed among thorns. Cleanse your minds and hearts before the LORD, or my anger will burn like an unquenchable fire because of all your sins." It was only while on my knees, crying for forgiveness for our many sins including rebellion, abortion, selfishness, pride, arrogance, disobedience, and the list goes on, did the pain in my back pain lift. GET RIGHT WITH GOD TODAY... DON'T PUT IT OFF! NO ONE IS PROMISED TOMORROW! RUN TO JESUS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

No comments: